Attention Eco-Minded Architects!
COOKFOX Architects is a medium-sized architecture firm, founded by Rick Cook and Robert F. Fox, Jr. in 2003 in New York City. The firm provides both new projects and works on the adaptive reuse of existing buildings, including a range of commercial, institutional and residential projects. COOKFOX Architects is a studio dedicated to a vision of integrated, environmentally responsive design. Guided by a passion for design excellence and a belief in the collaborative process, COOKFOX seeks select projects that fundamentally re-think how buildings interact with people and the natural environment. COOKFOX Architects are pursuing architecture that goes beyond LEED certification to restore, regenerate, and contribute to the urban environment.
As of March 6, 2017, COOKFOX Architects has posted a job opening for a Junior Architect in the Big Apple. The candidate’s qualifications include –
- 2-3 years professional experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture
- Knowledge of building codes, standards and structures
- Experience in all design phases, including construction document preparation and field observation
- Comfort in working independently; demonstrates professionalism in dealing with a variety of high-end clients as well as vendors
- Computer skills should include Revit, AutoCAD, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, SketchUp, and 3DMax
- Self-motivated, energetic, and organized…
Now, just imagine being on the COOKFOX team that designed the eco-friendly apartments for rent in NYC’s NoMad neighborhood AND living there. That’s right! COOKFOX Architects designed apartment rentals in NoMad that are LEED Certified and located at 100 W 31st St, New York, NY 10001. EOS’s 47 story building hosts corporate offices for Nike Inc. and provides 375 residential units. The Nike fitness center at EOS NoMad is over 15,000 square feet and supplied with the best Nike branded sports and training equipment. The fitness center includes a basketball court, yoga studio, spin studio, training area and a gorgeous indoor swimming pool. EOS NoMad is an eco-friendly mixed-use building with green apartments for rent in NYC with eco-minded amenities worthy of any Junior Architect.Posted on: June 7, 2017, by : Georgina Vedovelli